Monday, August 16, 2010

guest etiquette

so I've been seeing a lot of posts around the blogosphere lately about hosting guests in your home. many sites are recommending that you put together some kind of packet for your guest with details about the house, things to do in the area, emergency contact, etc. I get where people are coming from with this, but it all seems a little impersonal to me.

of course, having fresh towels, maybe a spare toothbrush, an alarmclock, etc. available to your guests is a must. but chances are, if someone is staying in your home (if that is your sorority house, family mansion, or very, very old but *charming* college house in my case), they are probably close to you. personally, I wouldn't want my friends to feel like a concierge if I am staying with them, and frankly I would feel like they didn't want me around if I found a list of activities in the area.

what do you think? how much is too much if you're having a friend stay with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment